Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wo bin ich?

It's Shark Week, and I'm hitting a wall.

Too much going on, and not much is happening.

This schedule is grueling. And yet, when I took the day off yesterday, not much happened to me. I had intended to take a day for my own health, but ended up being legitimately sick. Oh, well. I guess honesty may force it's way through, even if prior statements must be validated, fated into existence as cast shadows from promises past. Or just good timing.

          Probably the timing.

And nothing happened.

I mean, I wasn't there, and it was OK.

The day progressed, nobody died, and although my efforts were missed, it was OK. 

The lack of necessity for my presence eases my anxiety, and the level to which I contribute -- as measured by the differences observed in my absence -- keeps me motivated to apply my efforts. 

The cause is worthy of my greatest efforts.

But, dang. 

For real, I am tired.

1 comment:

Bonothoe said...

Dear James, you don't post anything anymore.

Amen.

Bo