Sunday, June 8, 2008

Flight & Arrival


Whenever I tell people I'm moving to Phoenix, they say
     "Ooooh, it's soooo cool out there!" 
Then, in a concerned tone, 
     "But it's soooo hot." 
Then they pause, look at me like a sad little pathetic puppy and say,
     "Oh, awwww, but you'll be OK. Don't worry... it's a DRY heat!"
EVERYONE says this! 
     What the heck is a dry heat, and how is it different?!?!
I've herd this maybe 30 times. Not exaggerating. 
The second I stepped off the plane, I learned what that meant.
It's hot. 
     But it's dry. 
          It's actually OK... it's... um... well, it's a dry heat. 
Maybe you have to feel it to understand.

4 comments:

Is it Shelbell or Shelby? said...

Hi James,
I am so sorry that I missed your going away party. I know you are aware that I was dealing with a going away of another kind. She handled it much better than I have. I believe that she and Daisy are playing together once again, and I am happy for her, but not helping me too much dealing with her no longer being here.
Please stay in touch with me, if it is soooo dry out there maybe you should switch to oatmeal rather than granola. At least oatmeal is wet... not dry.
Looking forward to more dry heat reports from you.
Love,
Aunt Shel

Anonymous said...

Hey Yah-meys, haha
Glad to see that you are safe and making friends (because you always had *SUCH* a hard time doing that, right?)
When comparing dry heat to humid ol' Georgia heat, use this analogy: Dry heat is like a hair dryer going full blast, and Georgia heat is like the inside of a hiking boot, after a thirty mile hike.
Perfect!
So... whenever you take off your shoe, think of me!! (or something like that, haha!)
Love you, and I am excited for you, cousin!!
Love: annA ananaB

Bo Cox said...

It's ok, becuase it's dry heave. And your aunt is correct. Oatmeal.

Are you stuck in that hotel because of the heat?!?!

Bo Cox said...

oh..and beenana75 is right about the inside of the hiking boot thing. It's nasty!