Monday, June 9, 2008

Pinnacle Pete's

After a long day of sitting in a suit, preparing for an interview, and not getting one, I was about ready to go to bed. I'm not depressed, just still very, very tired from traveling. Some new friends here at Teach For America Induction were going to look at apartments, so I joined, and then we all went to a restaurant called Pinnacle Pete's Patio, and... well, I thought I was in line for the mine train ride at Disney. The old western facade mixed with the very real but comically cartoonish in connotation giant cacti standing around, holding their arms up, and the amazing red rock mountains surrounding seemed, in a word, unreal. The temperature was perfect, the sun setting behind the rock formations, and on played the Jimmy Buffett-esque musician on stage... and I didn't have my camera! So, please forgive me for this intensely unforgivable blogging faux pas, but I've collected some pictures from google images just to share a bit of the Pinnacle Pete's Patio experience. 

I promise to not make this mistake again. 

So, without further ado, Pinnacle Pete's "Thunder Mountain" Patio:





4 comments:

Bo Cox said...

Theif.

Mother said...

Why I think it was brilliant of you to find pics to insert since you had no camera.

Bo Cox said...

You mom thinks theivery is O. K.

you can tell by the way she approves of what you did.

tisk tisk.
haha

Nate B said...

Hey James!

Great luck in AZ. I'm a big sports fan, and I had no idea who Sean Morey was..I guess he played for the Steelers. Legend has it that his team won the Super Bowl in a fixed game by the refs; essentially stealing their respective rings from the Seahawk players. Did I mention his team's name is the Steelers?

My step-grampa (?) lived in AZ for a little while, and he says people of his age will often keep firearms under the bed because of the coyotes and bandits. They'll also only go out grocery shopping at around 9 PM...in case you want to avoid them altogether.

Yeah, stay safe and keep to your possessions. Hate for you to blog about a stealer.