Friday, June 20, 2008

Your elementary school teachers sang songs. 

Little did you know, they got into groups and just sang, all the time, when students were at home. They live at the school and just sing when the students leave. 

They get lonely over the summer, so they have some students come to class then, too. 

And teachers don't sleep. 

I believed all these things at one point in my life.

(TFA has just about confirmed the one about sleeping...)

Oh, and the one about singing! (I got these videos in about a 5-10 minute span of my day today.)








Ok, and I have to give proper recognition to one of our instructors here. April, who leads this, is an amazing teacher. I wish I could emulate her in the classroom... I know I need to be myself and find my own methods, but she is such a wealth of knowledge. And songs. And candy - a lot of it, too - to keep us awake during lessons. 

And, as I close, I have to admit two things: 
1.) I am too tired (a week of 5am - 9pm business) to be deep or funny.
2.) Um... this is hard to admit... but I actually really like all our songs. And... um... I think all of us do.

1 comment:

Mother said...

Oh such fun! I love 'em, too, especially that Friday song.